Why We're Polarized tackles the nature of our ongoing fear and hostility toward the "other."
If there is one lesson in humility that has stayed with me, and likely will continue to stay with me for the rest of my life, it is the one taught to me by Ms. Reid, my English teacher from age 13-16. We had been set a class essay on a Shakespeare play; I forget … Continue reading Just Read- Ecocide: Kill The Corporation Before It Kills Us by David Whyte
I am not a writer. I am, however, somebody that writes. I write thousands of words every week, in reports, in emails, in copy for the website of my employer. To me, the distinction is that I hold the writer to a different level. I write as a perfunctory task, a means to an end. … Continue reading Just Read: Murder Your Darlings – Roy Peter Clark.
A couple of years ago, I set myself a challenge to read one book every week, followed by a review that I would then post to this website. This was, as with most arbitrary challenges of this nature, short lived. I burned out after about four weeks, not because I was struggling to read, but … Continue reading A note to myself about reading, writing, and reflection, or: why it went wrong last time and how to make it not go wrong again.
On Tuesday, July 14th, I partnered with the Woodridge Public Library to deliver an online presentation titled Explorers Wanted: Missions to Mars. This was an approximately 1 hour and 20 minute long presentation on the various missions NASA has sent to Mars since the 1970s, and a look ahead to our Mars 2020 Rover, Perseverance.
Hello! This past week I was speaking with a co-worker, and cracked a joke about spending 75% of our time documenting how we spend the remaining 25%. This practice has many names, and takes many forms. Maybe to you it’s mindfulness, a way of staying in touch with yourself as you navigate the many twists … Continue reading A Pandemic In Review
https://open.spotify.com/show/01AbJB9D3hV92UQltWzX4m?si=g-2EbnUdQl2oM8GvZiirtg There are certain things that everyone has been doing during this lockdown: Baking breadShaving their headMaking podcasts. Considering I've already been doing the first two for years, that only left me with one option. Presenting Phil Green is Clocked Off, a new podcast exploring the wacky world of work! Releasing Tuesdays and Fridays, each … Continue reading Phil Green is Clocked Off- My new podcast!
I was featured as the APA-ILMember Spotlight for March 2020! You can read my interview here.
I was interviewed by the Liverpool Echo about the lack of Higher Education provision in my home town of Knowsley. You can read the article here.
My first event as a Solar System Ambassador saw me reading about space to young children and talking about becoming astronauts!
On Wednesday, March 4, the Village of Woodridge held our 2020 State of the Village presentation. This was my first SOTV as project lead!
One of the most recent projects I have been working on is leading 2020 Census outreach efforts in my community. Getting an accurate count of all of our residents is crucial to our funding for the next ten years (the Chicago Urban League estimates that each member of the population counted is worth approx $18,000 … Continue reading Census STEM Family Fun Day